Beaver Dam Child Care
Qualifications for our Teachers
Each classroom is staffed with one or two teachers. Teachers have a minimum educational requirement of a High School Diploma or GED. They are advocates seeking to enrich the lives of young children. All Staff are trained in CPR and First Aid, have successfully completed a DHS background check and have many years of early care and education experience. All staff members maintain 18 hours of early childhood training annually.
- Demonstrate the use of good communication skills.
- Relate positively to young children.
- Demonstrate a knowledge of the social, emotional, physical, spiritual and creative needs of young children.
- Relate positively to parents and understand their needs and requests.
- Meet basic health requirements which include an annual physical and current vaccinations.
- Obtain annual CPR 7 First Aid certification.
- Obtain 18 credit hours per licensing year.